Sunday 6 November 2011

It's been a while

Where have the days and months gone?  Where am I now?

Well first, back in China - we returned in mid August after 11 months away.  Can it really have been that long?  I don’t know if those were the longest or shortest months of my life - they seem to have flown by and yet stretch like an eternity looking back.  I feel as if I have lost a year of my life, though in truth I was so very much alive throughout and it was one of the most intense times I have lived, never more conscious of life and fighting to hang on to it.

So I still have my life - thank you up there.  It’s not what it was but no bad thing that.  Cancer no longer defines my life, though it did for a time.  I have to watch out for the beast coming back for another go, but I’m ready for a fight. 
Instead I have been given, or grabbed a chance, a second go perhaps at life and I know I cannot waste that.  So bit by bit, I aim to fill life with a greater consciousness of its beauty, goodness & strength and do things that I have wanted to, thought and talked about for too long, and reach an end one day with a sense of some satisfaction that I didn’t waste the gift I was given and if I am really lucky, and push myself hard, that I might just have made some small difference.
So this is my account of some of what I see, do and think from now on. And ‘Me & It’ is about my life and whatever ‘It’ happens to be on any given day, seen through the lenses of my try-again specs.

See what you think, as a favourite singer, Jake Thackray, once said.  Take what you like and discard the rest.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment