Thursday 15 March 2012

20 Years

Two decades, 1040 weeks, 7300 days is a long time and yet...  Just over 12 months ago I thought I might not make it.  But here I am, thank God.  So we fulfilled our promise to take the pictures in Korean traditional dress that we didn’t when we married.  The wedding house, echoingly empty in midweek rest, is a little nonplussed at our unexpected request but recovers quickly and the photographer is summoned.  Make up complete, colourful costumes chosen, donned and adjusted, we take our places behind a low table laden with plastic offerings of chestnuts, pine nuts, tetchu and a serious looking chicken.  My knees object but must do as they’re told, we strike the requisite poses, and raise empty cups to toast each other.  The photos are taken so quickly that I have barely caught breath and my mouth is frozen in a half smile.  
20 years captured in short 3 flashes - it was so good to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment