Thursday 15 March 2012

BLOOD

Blood
vitally viscous
coursing crimson 
through the miraculous labyrinth 
of my body
Surging, 
racing, 
pumping, 
eddying, 
oozing through every artery, vein and vessel
Carrying oxygen, life, DNA, family, 
nourishment, energy, warmth, healing, 
and identity to every cell
Giving form to my soul
spark to my neurons
flight to my thoughts
Blood lines
blood ties
blood brothers
blood thicker than water
blood and guts 
blood of Christ
blood that sustains us from one cell to a billion
Carrying disease and poison, 
bacterial and viral invaders
smoothly and quietly
to ambush life’s processes
at any and every stage
Serving two masters,
knowing and unknowing,
willing and unwilling,
helping to kill me 
as it surges to keep me alive
Blood and anti-blood

No comments:

Post a Comment