Thursday 10 March 2011

Losing weight


I’ve lost a fair bit of weight, about 6 kilos which surprised me.  I hadn’t noticed too much, thought it was maybe a kilo or two.  I’m quite pleased really as I needed to and I’ll be able to wear a few pairs of trousers that were destined for the charity shops.  I need to be careful I don’t lose much more though, particularly with the difficulty I have with eating, as I need the weight to fight the effects of chemo.
Bit of an extreme way to lose weight this chemo/operation combination - not recommended folks...

4 comments:

  1. But as our consultant said, "I've never lost a patient to starvation yet". The taste buds WILL return. Go with your body xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be with you all the way Charles and the mutual support will be invaluable. I'll certainly raise a glass to toast you when watching the 6 Nations Rugby this w/e.

    Cheers buddy

    David

    P.S. The 'Tiger' card was a classic thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David
    Interesting rugby so far. I watched Man Utd win well today and celebrated with a lovely glass of cider - double smile!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serendipity
    Yes they will, though my body seems determined to take me on quite a ride first. Sadly with this type of cancer I am reading of too many people who do die because they end up not being able to eat. Knowing that I'll savour every bite

    ReplyDelete